Thank you so much for your interest in adopting a rescued Labrador! Please read this important information before you fill out the application to make sure you are a good fit for our rescue.
1. We allow out-of-state adoptions, but every person and dog in the home must be able to come to the metro Atlanta area to meet/adopt a dog. We do not transport dogs.
2. Applicants must be at least 21 years old.
3. Everyone in the home must be in agreement about adopting a dog. We do not allow surprise adoptions or dogs that are meant to be a gift.
4. All of our dogs are adopted to be indoor, family pets and companions.
5. If you live in a rental property, please contact your landlord and give them permission to release information to LFS.
6. If you currently have a dog or cat, or if you’ve had a dog or cat in the last 5 years, please contact your vet(s) and give them permission to release information to LFS.
7. If you should change your mind about pursuing adoption from LFS, or if you adopt a dog elsewhere, we’d appreciate an email to let us know.
8. Labrador Friends of the South is a strong advocate of responsible pet ownership, which includes and is not limited to: consistent history of preventive care including heartworm test and prevention, vaccinations, and spay/neuter for current and past dogs and cats.
9. A $15 application fee is required before your application will be processed. This fee supports the veterinary care and transport of rescued Labradors. This fee is non-refundable, even if the application is denied, the desired dog is not available, or the applicant adopts elsewhere.
10. Our goal is to find the best match between our dogs and your family. A good match is the basis for a successful adoption. We cannot guarantee that the dog you are interested in will be available at the time your application is approved or will be a good fit for your household. We encourage you to read the FAQ
section to learn more about how we work.
Fill out the Prospective Owner Application below. Please provide detailed answers so that we can understand your needs and preferences. If a question does not apply, please answer N/A. Click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page once you are done.
You will see a confirmation on the screen and you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, your application was not properly submitted. You can try again, check for missing required information, or email us at email@example.com for help.
Prospective Owner Application
Don’t forget to click the “SUBMIT” button before you pay the Application Fee of $15.00. As a reminder, this application fee is to have your application processed and it is non-refundable.
If you would like to send the application fee by mail, please send a check for $15.00 made out to Labrador Friends of the South, Inc. to the mailing address below.
Labrador Friends of the South, Inc.
P. O. Box 933
Cumming, GA 30028
Once we receive your application and fee, we will contact you to discuss your application. Please keep in mind that we are an all-volunteer organization, so please be patient and we will respond as quickly as possible.
Submission of an application and fee does not guarantee adoption of any specific Lab.